Anyone know of any good spots for woodworker to visit in London, Paris, Innsbrook, Munich?

Any worldly travelers out there? Every few years I make a treck to Europe with SWMBO.. I enjoy the museums and normal tourist sights like everyone else.. but sometimes I just feel like a bag slepper. We'll be in Europe the second half of May and was wondering if anyone knew of woodworking related places in London, Paris, Innsbrook or Munich a woodworker enthusiasts would enjoy.. Like furniture exhibits or woodworking tool store, etc. Thanks..

It is a longish time since I edited this list, but it might be of some help:
http://tinyurl.com/c8du96
Jeff
--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron

The Deutsches Museum in Munich has, amongst many other wonderful things, a woodworking shop with tools operated via belts from an overhead shaft. It is well worth seeing.
Added to the list.. Thank you..
wrote:

The Deutsches Museum in Munich has, amongst many other wonderful things, a woodworking shop with tools operated via belts from an overhead shaft. It is well worth seeing.
I can not find it in any of my guide books, but there is a guild museum of charpentiers[carpenters] in Paris. It is next door to the resturant Charpentier at 10 Rue Mabilon in the 6th Arr. just off San Germain and across the rue from Marche San Germain.
In article

Okay. Just found this reference with openings and hours. http://www.planetware.com/paris/musee-librairie-du-compagnonnage-f-p-mlc . htm
Great.. Free.. too.. Marked it on the map and will check it out.. Thank you..

Don't for get to look at just about any place you go. Chances are, the building is 500 years old and has a lot of all hand finished wood. The wood and stone work in the churches is usually quite good. I can spend a long time in many of the building just marveling at the construction.

...I spent a couple of weeks in Oxford, England some years ago...I'm a sorta/kinda history buff and have always been interested in the "how" of construction. I was in a constant state of astonishment at what people built a thousand-odd years ago...I'm with you, Ed...
cg

Seconded! You'll find some really neat stuff in some really unusual places. I was at the castle in Edinburgh and just happened to look up and take a couple of photos. When I got back to my computer and reviewed them, I was surprised to find that even the rafters and ceiling panels 20' above my head were full of intricate carvings and paint work. I posted a photo at Image Shack: http://yfrog.com/07p6090624j .
Of course, I was equally interested in the stonework of the times as well. Really amazing stuff.
-Nathan