Anyone in the market for an Akeda jig?

Thanks.

Got it.

Was missing mounting screws.

Group came up with the size and Kevan, the guy who designed the jig called me back with the size as well - on a Sunday.

THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

The part about leaving parts out of the kit or a phone call telling you what size to buy?

Reply to
Leon

Hey- between the jig itself and the DC Accessories Kit there's a boat load of parts 9 for each of 5 pins guides, 9 for the tails, 9 for half blind DTs, two "clip in" fillers you can cut up to fill spaces so you don't route where you shouldn't (nice touch and thought ful), a brass gujide set for the router base, 2 half blind pin stops AND a wire router cord holder to keep it out of the way while routing (there's a hole near the rear edge of the top of the jig - on both ends ) - again, a handy thing Kevan thought to include with the jig/accessories kit. Did I mention the two lexan "shutters" to improve dust collection in some situations? Again - well thought out details.

Evan Lee Valley has made a mistake now and then. But they go the extra mile to make things right. I'd put Kevan and AKEDA in that category based on my experience. JoinTech is up there with them as well, along with Pat Warner and Ed Bennett of TS-Aligner.

I had some parts problems with Laguna Tools on both my X-31 combi($6K+) and LT16SEC bandsaw ($1.2K) and with General International on my mortising machine ($0.8K). Those took 5 months, 6 weeks and three months respectively to resolve. So a 24 hour resolution time is pretty damn good!

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

My point was, being in the service industry, you should not have to "ask" for Good customer service. Good customer service is you not having to call for help because of missing parts. Good customer service is a process that begins long before you purchase the product.

That point being made, It is always a plus when the manufacturer does indeed respond quickly to a problem as you have witnessed.

I though the Akeda jig was pretty cool however like you mentioned there are a lot of parts to keep track of. I do have the Leigh but if considering the Akeda I think I would pass because of all of the loose parts. Certainly not a functional problem but just something else to keep track of. ;~)

I'd be interested in hearing more comments about your new Akeda as you use it more.

Reply to
Leon