Anyone hit the Springfield, MA WW show today?

You beat me to the question...

I've been debating whether to drive over there Sunday and I too was wondering if it would be worth the 4 1/2-5 hour round trip... In addition to the fee based presentations were there presentations in the exhibit area? For example, last year they had folks like Chris Schwarz, of Popular Woodworking, giving presentations in the exhibit area. I'm primarily interested in the presentations. This as my power tool collection only has one hole in it, a big floor model lathe, and until I finish building a new kicthen and bathroom there isn't any room for it anyway.

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Thought about it but passed. Got enough toys at Christmas to keep me busy for a while. Worked on my workbench and shop today.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I went. The show had some tables set up from the big guys (Porter Cable, General, etc.) and a host of smaller companies (CMT, etc.). There were no 'new for 2005' tools being shown. The 'show prices', as far as I could tell, were on a par with Amazon so there were no deals to be had in my opinion. There were only two demo scheduled for the afternoon and neither one was offered during the hour I was there. In summary, it was pretty lame show.

Reply to
Jim Giblin

LOL ... sounds like every other wwing show in existence for the past few years. I usually go to buy my yearly quota of one Forrest WWII at a price you can't find anywhere else. The parking fee is starting to make that not viable, and it you have to feed a tagalong, forget about it.

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks!

I was trying to decide to go or hit the shop and work on my latest projects.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y