Anyone here own a Skil wormdrive?

Just a quick question. Does the blade cheat to one side or another of the mark on the foot? I have one that's nearly new and it's about 3/32 to the right (from the top). I've tried two used feet but no change. The arbor is installed correctly and everything else's aligned.

Thanks

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

I think that the blade cuts along the right side of the line. That is if the notches follow the line, the piece on the left will be exactly as marked. This is just what you want to happen.

-Jack

Reply to
JackD

I am not sure I understand the OP's problem. My worm drive Skill seems to be purposely setup to take parallax into consideration, and judging from the cuts I can freehand with it, it does a good job of that.

Reply to
Swingman

Boy, do I feel silly. You hit the nail on the head. Mine's a little farther over than that, but looks to be within stamping specs.

Thanks

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

John, I have a pretty old Skilsaw model 77 worndrive that I would never part with. The foot has two "V" notches about 3/8 inch apart. The left notch appears to be a little larger than the right notch. My cut is and has always been just a little to the right of the top of the big (left) "V". I don't know why, I just know where it cuts reliably and live with it.

Mark

Reply to
Wiz

For what it's worth, here's what a Skil Model HD77M Owner's Operating Guide, circa 1994, says in the "Line Guide" section on page five:

"For a straight 90-degree cut, use the large notch in the foot. For 45- degree bevel cuts, use the small notch (Fig. 6). The cutting guide notch will give an approximate line of cut. Make sample cuts in scrap lumber to verify actual line of cut. This will be helpful because of the number of different blade types and thicknesses available. To ensure minimum splintering on the good side of the material to be cut, face the good side down."

In other words, test it for yourself because results might well vary.

Cheers,

Lowell

"JackD" wrote in news:bmkh3j$br$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.intel.com:

Reply to