Anyone here have the Rockler router table & fence?

Yesterday I bought a Rockler router table and fence:

began assembling the fence, and noticed it seemed to "rock" on itself. (Hence: Rockler?)

I put my Starret up against the blue aluminum sub-fence and it was so far out of square I just sat there stunned. I'm figuring it's about 87 degrees.

Now, mind you, I very much like the Rockler store I go to. They're good people, and they stand behind their products. I've already talked to them on the phone about this, and they said just bring in the fence and we'll get you a good one.

But here's my question: If the fence is THREE degrees out of square, what can I expect from the rest of the quality?

Can anyone else here attest to some experience with this table?

TIA.

Reply to
wood_newbie

While I did not buy the router table shown in your link, I do have their table top and fence that I used on a cabinet I built. The fence was perfectly square. I would check the tabletop to make sure is flat before returning the fence just to make sure so you don't have to make a second trip.

John

Reply to
John

I have the same table. Mine has screws that come into the bottom of the table and hit the bottom of the insert. You use these to adjust the insert to bring it level with the rest of the table. I used a big machinist's scale for this. It works perfect and it's right on the money.

Try that, and if your fence is still off, I would take it back. You should be able to just take the angle brackets off and get new ones.

Reply to
Bill

I've got the tablesaw mounted table and fence. No problems with it.

D.G. Adams

Reply to
dgadams