Anyone Here Ever Try this?

Page 3 of 3

Permanent marker... Duct tape. Problem solved.
Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

Tue, Aug 9, 2005, 10:41pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.mail.airmail.net (TomBanes) who doseth adviseth: You need to be an ammunition reloader! Most of us have a vibrating brass polisher <snip> labels and marking are polished off, so a week later you've got no idea what was in the spray can, but WTH.
Funny you should mention that. I have a brass tumbler I made from an upright vacuum, many years ago. Wood frame, and takes two quart cans at once, one each side. Just off the top of my head, when I was very broke, but works. Also have plans, free, for a vibrating polisher, stuck somewhere.
First time I lost the label, and couldn't figure out what was in the cans, I'd spray the can top, inside and out, with a spot of whatever was in the can. Or, use a marker of some type, and write it on the outside, and inside, of the can top.
JOAT Whoever said a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work never had thier boat sink. - Unknown
If you have plenty of warning before you'll need the paint, you can do what I did.
I built a small 5-sided box that holds 4 cans side by side with a small bar across the front to hold them in.
Ran a bolt through the back of the box sticking out about 2 inches.
Took an old barbeque rotissierie motor (6 rpm) and mounted it to the wall.
Inserted bolt into chuck of rotisserie motor, load paint cans and turn on. Come back in 30 minutes. (I just left it running while I prepped the project I was working on.
I also ended up gluing small chunks of wood in between where the cans go to hold them in place better and so I could load less than a full load of 4 cans.
Works pretty well for free.
HTH Mike
On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 00:16:14 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
Tue, Aug 9, 2005, 11:49pm snipped-for-privacy@spamtrapmindspring.com (MikePatterson) has said: If you have plenty of warning before you'll need the paint, you can do what I did. <snip>
I believe your definition of "plenty of warning" may differ from my definition.
JOAT Whoever said a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work never had thier boat sink. - Unknown
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:18:05 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

My definition means about 20-30 minutes or so.
mp Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
Wed, Aug 10, 2005, 9:11pm snipped-for-privacy@spamtrapmindspring.com (MikePatterson) sayeth: My definition means about 20-30 minutes or so.
Ah. Mine is usually about 5 minutes. Duct tape is my friend.
JOAT Whoever said a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work never had thier boat sink. - Unknown
Just slap it into a rock tumbler-like device, doesn't need to be pretty, just two rods, one motorized, with a coffee can in between. The trick would be to somehow wedge (duct tape) the spray can at a diagonal to the coffee can, so it is agitated rather than just rolled around.