Anyone Here Ever Try this?

Tue, Aug 9, 2005, 10:41pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.mail.airmail.net (Tom=A0Banes) who doseth adviseth: You need to be an ammunition reloader! Most of us have a vibrating brass polisher labels and marking are polished off, so a week later you've got no idea what was in the spray can, but WTH.

Funny you should mention that. I have a brass tumbler I made from an upright vacuum, many years ago. Wood frame, and takes two quart cans at once, one each side. Just off the top of my head, when I was very broke, but works. Also have plans, free, for a vibrating polisher, stuck somewhere.

First time I lost the label, and couldn't figure out what was in the cans, I'd spray the can top, inside and out, with a spot of whatever was in the can. Or, use a marker of some type, and write it on the outside, and inside, of the can top.

JOAT Whoever said a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work never had thier boat sink.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Tue, Aug 9, 2005, 11:49pm snipped-for-privacy@spamtrapmindspring.com (Mike=A0Patterson) has said: If you have plenty of warning before you'll need the paint, you can do what I did.

I believe your definition of "plenty of warning" may differ from my definition.

JOAT Whoever said a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work never had thier boat sink.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

My definition means about 20-30 minutes or so.

mp Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

Only thing I can figure is the leather straps are for attaching different paint cans. Not sure about the wood things. Maybe to check viscosity? :)

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Just slap it into a rock tumbler-like device, doesn't need to be pretty, just two rods, one motorized, with a coffee can in between. The trick would be to somehow wedge (duct tape) the spray can at a diagonal to the coffee can, so it is agitated rather than just rolled around.

Reply to
woodworker88

Thu, Aug 11, 2005, 2:34am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net (Edwin=A0Pawlowski) admits his puzzledity: Only thing I can figure is the leather straps are for attaching different paint cans. Not sure about the wood things. Maybe to check viscosity? :)

Not sure. I suppose they could be used for strapping down to some of the stuff, after all, several do have motors in them. Maybe like seat belts. There is one leather thing, I thought it was a hammock at first, but decided not. Must be some sort of amusement park ride, you sit in it, and are strapped in. If you want any of the plans that use wood, e-mail me, then if you can figure them out, you can post 'em. I didn't post any because I have no idea what there all for. On another site there was something apparently for us on a cordless drill, I didn't bother to check what it was, because I prefer corded drills.

JOAT Whoever said a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work never had thier boat sink.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Wed, Aug 10, 2005, 9:11pm snipped-for-privacy@spamtrapmindspring.com (Mike=A0Patterson) sayeth: My definition means about 20-30 minutes or so.

Ah. Mine is usually about 5 minutes. Duct tape is my friend.