Anyone have knowledge of the Fire Resistant Plywood used in 80's, thats falling apart????

Roof on the sunny side has really failed, You never walk on the Roof, but putting a new DTV Dish, it was like walking on soft mud?

This has got to be covered!! (I Hope)

TIA, Joe

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

I seem to remember that a hot attic was enough to oxidize (burning process) the wood over a long period of time. There were some suits, but I don't know how they came out.

I'd replace both sides, rather than wait for the other one to fail.

Walt Cheever

Reply to
Walt Cheever

In NJ, I know that there was a development in High Bridge where the builder had to come back and replace the roofs on some houses or townhouses at his own expense.

Reply to
artfulasian

Covered by WHAT? Plywood does NOT come with any warranty. I doubt the roofers who installed it covered materials as well. Suck it up, it is going to come out of YOUR wallet if it needs to be replaced

John

Reply to
john

Yeah it's gotta go!

Thanks!

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

Supposedly the Manufacturer had been held responsible, but finding additional data is tough!

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

Suck this updude, defective manufactured products do maintain a liability! It may come out of my pocket, but they will pay!

The National Association of Home Builders even told me your dumber then snot itself!

before you run your suck do some homework.

Thanks to all the helpfull folks and the asswipe trolls can give themselves head!

Reply to
HMFIC-1369