Anyone Have a Steel City 17" Drill Press?

...Looking for some detailed measurements based on a PDF I can send you.
This is a 6" stroke drill press generally sold into the woodworking industry but sometimes seen in metalworking shops, this the CC to that group.
Will, as always pay a small fee for the simple info.
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com / Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill

V8013-R
in

Do you like it? ;-)
I'm also looking at drill presses (have to finish the "shop" first). The 20525 was more interesting to me but I've looked at the 20520 (I think they're the same other than the 20525 is variable speed) at Woodcraft. Right now the PowerMatic is my first choice with the SC or Griz somewhat behind.
A few things I noticed: The castings looked a little "rough", but that's just looks. They also talk about it the casting being split, so adjustable. IME, things that are adjustable always need it. I *do* like the 6" travel, though.
On 1/4/2010 8:41 PM, krw wrote:

I've seen some Steel City stuff at a few of the woodworking shows. Because the company was started by some ex-Delta employees (at least that's what I've heard) and I'm a fan of Delta equipment, I was anxious to check out their merchandise, but I gotta tell you I was more than a bit underwhelmed. I expected the general fit and finish to be *better* than Delta, not worse. Other than cursory inspections at woodworking shows and local dealers, my only real experience with their machines is my buddy's model 25200 bench mortiser (which is sitting in my shop right now), and I would *not* recommend it.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

That's good information. I guess the PowerMatic PM2800 stays on top of the wish list. Thanks.

Do you have a caliper or micrometer handy? If so, can you take some measurements from the machine if I send you a PDF showing you what I'm looking for?