Anyone else see the Mastercraft Drill Press for $39?

I was in Crappy Tire for a new level as the vial leaked on my ol 2 footer. So I picked up a cast aluminum level (on sale) and decided to stop and look at the $39 drill press. What a dinky outfit! I suppose it's not bad for the price, but man is that thing tiny. I was even less impressed with the larger, more expensive brothers. I might have to break down and fix my old clunker, which needs a new chuck, new switch and a serious derusting.
Bill, I have to correct you. http://tinyurl.com/5ca87 The drill press on sale is a "Jobmate 8 inch". The Mastercraft series is more on par with the Delta ShopMaster series - which isn't saying much but it's significantly better than the Jobmate offering. Having said that, my Father bought the Jobmate 8" about a year ago and he loves it. He doesn't use it for anything larger than a 1/16" bit... in fact, his most often used 'drill bit' is actually a sewing needle. He builds scale models from only Popsicle sticks.
P.S. You might want to calibrate your new level against a quality unit and relocate the level lines on the bubble. -Brian
: I was in Crappy Tire for a new level as the vial leaked on my ol 2 footer. : So I picked up a cast aluminum level (on sale) and decided to stop and look : at the $39 drill press. What a dinky outfit! I suppose it's not bad for the : price, but man is that thing tiny. I was even less impressed with the : larger, more expensive brothers. I might have to break down and fix my old : clunker, which needs a new chuck, new switch and a serious derusting. : : :

Thirty years ago when I was a kid and price was the first thing I looked at, I was in the habit of buying Canadian Tire tools. That time is long past and any tools I buy now, I expect to last for long time. If were you and buying new, I'd be looking somewhere else. That aside, a new chuck, switch and derusting are all completely doable things. That's where I'd start.