Anyone else notice this problem at Lee Valley tools

True - but where the cost increases are going to come from are the external resources purchased for production - scrap steel, ore, machinery, tooling, and most of all - transportation... while tied to the US dollar, their US dollars buy less....

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

John -

Thanks for the compliment - I'll pass a copy of your post to Leonard Lee, so he can see your comments about the video! I'll also mention that you're lucky to have, in Edmonton, one of the first 10 or so non-family employees...Linda, who manages the store!

Cheers -

Rob Lee

Reply to
Robin Lee

My company certainly feels it! We import from Europe into the US and we are taking it on the chin this year even though we have moved more product this year than ever before.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

John, thanks for posting this. I have had little dealing with Lee Valley, but reading the surrounding posts re their customer service (and the need to understand sharpening) prompted me to order this DVD. I suppose it's too much to hope for that there's any risque Canadian action in it, eh?

Reply to
Guppas!

Like the hockey player strip tease at the end of "Slapshot"?

I know it's an old movie! I've got season tickets to the American League, so I watch the movie every year.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I think LL does say "eh" once or twice....but we made sure there were no Tim H cups in sight.....

G'day -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Risq eh :) Nope, Mr. Lee himself does the video presentation for the DVDf rom his home. He is Polite and matter of fact throughout. Shows you what you need to know without any hoopla. I enjoyed the content. Hard to dismiss good teaching. Makes it look easy and that's why I liked it. I was able to directly go to my tools and replicate what I saw without any muss or fuss. Of course it did help that I already had the Veritas Sharpening system. ;) I dont have a turning lathe as of yet but the section on turning knives really made it look easy to maintain your stuff.

John

Reply to
John

I also want to say that our local store is staffed with knowledgeable people, who work with most of the tools they sell. This is a bonus if you are new to the Woodworking hobby. I have purchased many items from this store, mostly for my father in law, and have not had any problems to report. When I purchased the Lee Vally push mower this summer the salesman took it apart and showed me how to set it up and demonstrated how to sharpen the turning blades. Now that's service!!! Not something you get at HD or House of tools. I have no affiliation with this company by the way, just a very satisfied customer. They hold woodworking seminars throughout the year and give excellent advice. One sale person even gave me the name of a local customer who sells lumber at lower cost than most of the Shops around here.

John

Reply to
John