anyone bougth or tried the Delta X5 bandsaw?

comments?
after the answers I got about the 26-208 I am now wondering about the X5 (28-248) More expensive but I might worth it...and it will still be cheaper than a Laguna LT14
Vibration? Quality? etc
Thanks
--
Mike

X5 is a good deal. The shop got one last week. Took a couple of hours to set up. Most of that setup time was due to fabricating an auxiallary table to handle long stock. Threw out the blade that came with it and went with a good bimetal. So far we've done about 400 blanks for guitar necks and 100 or so steering wheel blanks. Been running great.
D. Mo
Q: I've been wanting to build such a table, but I didn't want to detract from the 6.25 inches I have right now. Did you build an infeed/outfeed sort of table that sits flush with the cast one, or did you lay it on top of the cast iron and sacrifice height on what I assume was 12.25 with your riser block.
So I installed it on Linux...
Laid it on top. Height loss not much of a problem as we run mostly 4/4 or 5/4 roughcut maple. Occassionally larger but never over 10/4. The table is just 1/4" ply. 2x4s screwed to either side of cast table with a couple of 2x4 stiffeners for the unsupported end. Held down by four drywall screws so it's easy to take off.
D.Mo

X5
than
with
100
X5 is a good deal. The shop got one last week. Took a couple of hours to

table
thanks, I think I will give a try over the 28-206 (Taiwainese version).....it will be much cheaper than the Laguna and for my needs it will be more than enough :-)
Do you have the plan or pics of your new table?
thanks for the info...
--
Mike

No. I'm afraid I don't have either. I didn't actually make the table another guy did. This is a small six man shop I'm working in.
D.Mo

with
100
enough