Anyone been to KC woodworking show?

There's a woodworking show in Kansas City (actually Overland Park) on February 13, 14, and 15. I'll probably go since I'm only a little more than an hour away, but I thought I'd check to see if other people have gone in the past and, if so, what they thought of it. Here's the web site for it: http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/show.php?eventName=Kansas%20City

February
and,
Do a Google Search on this topic - and you'll get the run down. It's been discussed frequently. I went to the one in Denver last November. My bottom line: go ahead and go once. Have low expectations. If you find a "steal of a deal", consider yourself fortunate. But don't expect widespread prices that are way below what you get find today via the 'Net.
I go to the KC show every year and love it! There are some deals to be had. Some things are full price. You have to be careful. But where else can you see all of that woodworking stuff in one location.
Also - if you want to buy some big iron - table saw, jointer, etc - go to Overland Tool on the same day. They will have lots of good prices on Delta, Jet, General, PC, DeWalt, Milwaukee, etc. They are just a few miles from the advertised woodworking shows. They always have manufacturers reps on hand the same day of the woodworking show.
Their website is under construction but you can get their address and phone by going to www.overlandtool.com.
Rob

February
and,
Where else can you spend $7 and get at least 1 full day of entertainment? Watching the guy loaded on caffeine cutting the glasss, endless dovetail demo's, watching the different mills in action etc.... All for $7.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comAntiSpam (NoNameAtAll) wrote in message

Actually it's $8 this year, but I figure that's still only about $1 per hour, right?

February
and,
I went last year and was a little disappointed. Weather was iffy. The parking was BAAAAAAD. The line to get tickets was LOOOOOONG and the crowd was LAAAARGE. I'm going again this year and have ordered tickets in advance but it's been over a month and still no tickets even though my Visa has been charged $10. No real bargains...just about 5% off catalog prices and you pay Kansas tax. I'll see you there.
Larry