anybody retrofit their 14"Delta (or equiv.) bandsaw from 6 to 12 inch cut?

Hey Group, Does anyone have experience with retrofitting their 14 inch bandsaw with the 12 inch height/cut extension? Any comments on its performence with regard to cutting power (Did you upgrade your motter if necessary?) or tracking witht the increased cut? Thanks in advance for your comments. Marc
marc rosen wrote:

Hello Marc,
I have a Grizzly G0555, with the raiser kit. I had to make a few adjustments after installing the kit and the new, longer blade, but they're the same adjustments I would make when I make any blade replacement. Took a few minutes in addition to the time spent installing the raiser block.
-jav
Yes, I do. Slight post/blade alignment issue exacerbated by increased height. Shimmed. Tom
I have one of the new import deltas. I got the riser from the start and installed it during initial setup. Setup and tuning was easy. I haven't had any problems at all. It feels like it has plenty of power, but to be honest, I haven't really resawed anything on it yet.
brian
Hey Marc,
Which model is that Delta? like a 276??
Paul
Group,<BR>Does anyone have experience with retrofitting their 14 inch bandsaw<BR>with the 12 inch height/cut extension?&nbsp; Any comments on its performence<BR>with regard to cutting power (Did you upgrade your motter if<BR>necessary?) or tracking witht the increased cut?&nbsp; Thanks in advance for<BR>your comments.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Marc<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Hello Paul, The saw does not have a model number. It is a regular open stand 14 inch model, about 10 or more years old. Marc

Yes. I've had mine for decades. I got it to saw duck decoy blanks and needed the increased height. I'm running a 3/4 horse motor, and Iturra suggests that I put in a 1 1/2 HP. (I haven't found one cheap enough yet.)
I also suggest you get the Iturra catalog and booklet. (No connection etc.) It's full of goodies to enhance your saw.
Joel