Anybody know what diameter the stretchers are?

;~)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGe2iGmsDKs&feature=player_embedded&utm_source=Raoul%27s+TGIF+Special+Delivery&utm_campaign
a053e6df-Frank_Adamo_Seeing_God&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b329a3cb10-20a053e6df-74839306#t28

I'm not much into rustic stuff, but as a maker of rocking chairs I can certainly appreciate the work he put into it. However, the center of gravity on that thing is way too far forward.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Steve Turner wrote:

I enjoyed the video. In another 45 seconds, I'm sure he could adjust the center of gravity with a new rocking base if he wishes to. It's not like he needs to contract the job out! : )
I'd like to have a foot-operated latheas well.
On Monday, October 14, 2013 9:51:48 PM UTC-5, Steve Turner wrote:

rtainly appreciate the work he put into it. However, the center of gravity on that thing is way too far forward.
It's not important that the center of gravity is correct, since, once someo ne sits, they and the chair are one unit and leaning to one side would alte r the unit's center of gravity.
What's important is the rockers are toed in (back), or toed out (front), at the same angle to the mid-line and the leg lengths maintains the rockers i n the same plane (of action/motion), otherwise the chair would likely creep across the floor, as one rocks. It doesn't take much misalignment for a r ocker to creep.
I would think his rocker doesn't creep. No doubt, that's not the first roc ker he's built.
Sonny
On 10/15/2013 7:30 AM, Sonny wrote:

Those things are important, but I'm not talking about rocker creep or side-to-side balance. The point I was trying to make is that his chair is trying to lean forward and dump him out, and you can see that before he even sits in it. On a well-balanced rocker you should be able to take your feet off the floor and not have the chair roll forward.