Anybody here using a "BLADEPOINT" ??

Anybody here have first-hand experience with BLADEPOINT LASER CO. ?? ?? ?? I bought a BLADEPOINT lazer gizmo for my DeWalt 705 at the woodworking show in Atlanta a few months ago. I installed it and it seemed to work fine. I've only used the saw a few times since then, and it's been o.k., but at one point, I noticed the blade was loose/slipping. Tightened it back up and it was o.k., but had a little "shake" to it that I never noticed before. Put the saw away for a few months and next time I went to use it, the laser wouldn't come on. Thinking the batteries had gone down, I pulled it to replace them and to my horror, I found the arbor was deeply scored by the blade slippage. I replaced the batteries, and reinstalled the unit, only to discover that it still wouldn't light up. Been trying to call BLADEPOINT for three days now and keep getting a message that they are experiencing extremely heavy volume of calls at this time, and please leave a number they can call me back at. This message is received 24 hrs a day !! Maybe they're just gone for the weekend or something, but it's starting to look like they've closed up shop.

I know I can't prove that the accessory gizmo caused the blade to loosen and slip, but the screw IS self-tightening and I've never had a blade slip the whole time I've owned the saw, so I'm starting to think the extra mass of the laser might have loosened the blade when the saw's brake slows it down has possibly caused this particular damage.

Anyway, I am just wondering what, if any personal experiences any of you have with this accessory and/or the parent company.

Reply to
Anonymous

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 20:10:19 GMT, "" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Sounds to me as if it's not mass, but that the washer replacement simply cannot stand the forces involved. It's not gripping the saw, and may well have been damamged by the heat of slippage, or simply been crushed.

Their website is still selling. They have everything out at "half price" at the moment...

As it has damaged your saw, or certainly may have, I would send email/fax, to prove your claim. IT sounds as if you may not be the only one.

Reply to
Old Nick

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 20:10:19 GMT, "" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Sorry, it's

that is selling the stuff out, at a "blowoff sale!"

Reply to
Old Nick