any wreckers in KC area?

Anyone else in the KC area? First, here's a tip: I was just checking out a new spot called Turn About Wood. They've got a special on walnut at $2.85 a bf. (get directions if you want from http://www.turnaboutwood.com /)
They've also got an excellent selection of exotics. So I'm adding them to my short list of exotics suppliers in the KC area. Can anybody add to this list?
Turn About Wood -- excellent selection of lumber, pen blanks, and bits and pieces. moderate prices, with some deals, and some scams (their veneers are outrageous) they'll cut to size if you like.
Paxton's -- best selection of everything, you can find pretty much anything you want. highest prices too, except the veneers are still cheaper than Turn About Wood. not sure if they cut to size, but I don't think so
Schutte -- smaller selection of exotics, but overall the best prices. I don't think they have pen blanks. They do have a scrap bin where I've found a few <1bf pieces of maple and cherry, sometimes with nice figure, for 25 cents apiece. they only have basic veneers, and they don't cut to size.
Woodcraft -- smallest selection of lumber, but a good variety of microwoods and a pretty good selection of pen blanks, some of which are cheaper by way of being in 10-packs. Also have a decent selection of bowl blanks. They only have basic veneers. I don't think they cut to size either.
So....add to the list if you can!
david
--
I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
-- Thomas Jefferson

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:26:57 -0500, Richard wrote:

thanks! maybe I can go and check these out tomorrow.
david
--
I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:50:48 -0500, D K Woods
Where did you buy your cabinet grade plywood?

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:57:35 -0500, Richard wrote:

Try checking at Schutte, I know they have a pretty good selection of hardwood ply. I haven't priced around for it though so I don't know if it's a deal or not....
david
--
I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Try Liberty Hardwood, 816-231-0852.
Mike Fairleigh

here's a bit of info updating the lumber source comparison:
Paxton's, though truly expensive for some things, actually has the best price on purpleheart I've been able to find in the city. I bought a few bf there the other day for $4.95/bf. Not bad!
david
--
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it.