Any Sawhorse Plans?

Page 2 of 2
Do you really need plans? Anyway, the plans Crow indiciated in his first message are pretty standard. but don't need braces except the end pieces. Make sawhorses for the size you need, not some standard sizes and use light pine. I made 3 small sawhorses (20" high and 24" long) of 2x4s with end braces 1" by 6 inch deep for supporting a plattform for painting my house; work perfectly. Thirty years ago I made two 28" high by 36' long saw horses using 2x6s with 1" end pieces about 8 inches high that I still use for cutting larger sheets of material. Keep it simple and light weight.

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 06:47:44 GMT, Steve wrote:

Don't post in html please.

There were some plans for sawhorses in a fairly recent issue of FWW which were designed by Chris Becksvoort.
I built the low one as I like to place my foot on the board to be cut without giving myself a hernia ;)
I drew it up in CAD and I can send you the drawing as dxf or dwg if you like.
--
Frank

http://www.freebsd.org /
FWW #161 (February 2003) pp. 36-41

Steve:
If your local PBS station carries the WoodWright's Shop TV show with Roy Underhill:
http://www.pbs.org/wws/howto/images/e2101sawhorse.pdf (adobe reader required)
The TV show that featured this, had one tricky part which was to get the legs to splay out and remain even.
Hope this helps Phil S.
------=
It was a dead link when I tried it.
Steve:
If your local PBS station carries the WoodWright's Shop TV show with Roy Underhill:
http://www.pbs.org/wws/howto/images/e2101sawhorse.pdf

Worked for me just now.
GJP
\ The internet routing to my part of the world must be rusty. Oh well.
Bob
The page loads up a .pdf file so if your Adobe Acrobat reader is rusty, that could be a problem too.     j4
Bob Davis wrote:

What version of Acrobat reader do you have...seems like some of the newer PDF's lately require ver 5 or 6 to work correctly?
GJP
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:37:56 GMT, Bob Davis wrote:

Are you going through a proxy? www.pbs.org is one of the few sites that doesn't work with my proxy.
--
Frank

http://www.freebsd.org /
Easy to make
@sbcglobal.net says...

Sorry about posting this to a non binary news group I sent to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking and went here as well, I'm using a new newsreader
Let me guess. You've trained the cat to guard the saw horse?
You know what? If you have an Ikea near you, you might want to check out the section where they have their table legs. There they have wooden "saw horses". They have one that can be adjusted for height....and they're cheap. Or, use that as your idea for a saw horse to make on your own.
Layne

Here's the link. Unfortunately they don't sell these on the website.
http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId 101&storeId&productId5112&langId=-1&parentCats121*10391