Any Saw Stop Owners

Page 2 of 8

No it hits the blade alright, by no contact I mean blade with body parts like fingers or any metal to blade contact. But the cartage is stopping the blade alright Joe

Wow... 3 misfires, 3 cartridges and 3 new blades - that's starting to get expensive.
Bob S.

Ssssh, we're not allowed to comment because we wouldn't buy the saw. Or something like that.
Bad ground would be my guess, followed by defective sine generator or defective AD on the other end.
Sawstop should ship you a new saw and have that one picked up for forensics..
Got any photos of the gore?
Alan
damn.......fergot 'bout that.....

No kidding and hopefully Joe is correct in his observation of the misfire. Do you remember back in the 60's when certain people could not wear wrist watches as the watch would not keep correct time but did just fine on some else's wrist? Or was that an Urban Legend? Anyway I wonder if it is possible for some one to carry enough static electricity that he may set the cartridge off by discharge?
Leon wrote:

I personally know someone who can't wear a digital watch. Starts losing time when she puts it on.
Chris

Maybe he's predisposed to spontaneous human combustion or something. <backing away slowly>
An instructor commented in mid50s she couldn't were a watch. Had to hold it in her hand for times exercises.
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:34:07 GMT, "Leon"

On 12/14/2005 4:34 PM Leon mumbled something about the following:

Not urban legend. I screw up watches when I wear them. I did actually purchase a $19 Timex in 98 that kept perfect time for 5 years until I had to replace the battery. It never kept time after than (tried 3 different batteries).
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

Pretty much an urban legend, but tempered with enough facts to make analysis tricky. In nearly every case I have seen, the watch was out of adjustment, so it runs OK at ambient temp, but runs fast or slow when on a wrist with a higher temp. Or, the battery had been "replaced" in a not-so-tradesmanlike manner, or the wearer/owner was incredibly rough on watches (and just about everthing else for that mattter)

Quite possible, BUT protection against electrostatic events is relatively easy to design in, and, it MUST be extensively tested to demonstrate it's immmunity. To not do these things would be stupid and just asking for it. The same applies for immunity from RF fields, such as nearby cellphones, 2 way radios, arc welders,etc. Given that it's going into an uncontrolled industrial environment, it's reasonable to expect a high degree of immunity designed in, and tested for.
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:15:26 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Bob

Don't try this at home with Forrest WWII blades, boys 'n girls.
-- Vidi, Vici, Veni --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

Are you in the process of making a cut when this happens?

Yes, only when cutting small parts like stair returns which we use a push block to cut. But I have now learned that out of the ten people or so that use this saw during the day it has always misfired on the same person, so it sounds like the digital watch problem. I will be calling Saw Stop as soon as the wake up this morning (west coast) Joe
Joe wrote:

Maybe the bloat is drooling all over your equipment!
Any hotdogs on the table? :)

Is it running when it fires? It pretty much destroys the blade and throws the saw out of whack doesn't it? What a pain in the ass.
At least you will keep all of your fingers if you are never able to use the saw!
Frank
"Frank Ketchum" wrote in message

Appropriately named also.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

True... but the same objective can be achieved at a much lower cost by simply unplugging the saw. :-)
--
Regards,
Now Doug,