Any Saw Stop Owners

Not doubting that you are having problems with the cartridge misfiring but how does it not hit the blade? I would think that there is something else badly wrong if the cartridge fires but does not touch the blade. OR are you saying that there was no contact with the blade to cause a misfire.

I have not seen any complaints about the Saw Stop other than from the ones that will not buy the saw. I do monitor this group on an almost daily basis.

Reply to
Leon

Wow... 3 misfires, 3 cartridges and 3 new blades - that's starting to get expensive.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S

Ssssh, we're not allowed to comment because we wouldn't buy the saw. Or something like that.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Bad ground would be my guess, followed by defective sine generator or defective AD on the other end.

Sawstop should ship you a new saw and have that one picked up for forensics..

Got any photos of the gore?

Alan

Reply to
arw01

No kidding and hopefully Joe is correct in his observation of the misfire. Do you remember back in the 60's when certain people could not wear wrist watches as the watch would not keep correct time but did just fine on some else's wrist? Or was that an Urban Legend? Anyway I wonder if it is possible for some one to carry enough static electricity that he may set the cartridge off by discharge?

Reply to
Leon

Any one have problems with the cartridge firing off when it not supposed to? I have had three cartridge go off with no contact with the blade, Saw Stop replaced the first two, have not called them about this one yet this is in a two week period Joe

Reply to
Joe

I personally know someone who can't wear a digital watch. Starts losing time when she puts it on.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

damn.......fergot 'bout that.....

Reply to
Bob S

Maybe he's predisposed to spontaneous human combustion or something.

Reply to
Jerry S.

Then you haven't been looking too carefully: PopWood reviewed the SawStop recently, and they noted the same problem.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Ah, but that is the standard "I haven't listened to a single complaint" kind of line, you see.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Does PopWood post on this news group?

Reply to
Leon

You know Dave, at least I try to help rather than take your path of being a cynic of Net Nanny.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Joe

Are you in the process of making a cut when this happens?

Reply to
Robatoy

Any hotdogs on the table? :)

Reply to
CW

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:15:26 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Bob S" quickly quoth:

Don't try this at home with Forrest WWII blades, boys 'n girls.

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Is it running when it fires? It pretty much destroys the blade and throws the saw out of whack doesn't it? What a pain in the ass.

At least you will keep all of your fingers if you are never able to use the saw!

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Appropriately named also.

Reply to
Swingman

I've had this happen with one of my SawStops. It misfired twice in a week period. SawStop sent me free replacement cartridges and some filters to put around one of the control cables in the saw. With the filters in place I have not had a misfire since (4 months).

-- Craig

Reply to
craig.colvin