Any recommendations on exotic wood resource material?

I have found a few on the web, but they mostly concentrate on the common woods, I'm looking for something more inclusive, preferably either a book with color pictures or a website. I'm interested in common uses of the wood and mechanical properties (nothing too scientific).
Invariably I see some wood like Kwila and not know what it is.
Here are a few internet sites I use, if anyone can use them...
http://www.exoticwoodflooring.com/exotic_woodfloor_species/woodspecies.htm http://www.highlandhardwoods.com/hardwood-flooring-info.html http://www.hardwood.org/species_guide/display_species.asp http://forestry.about.com/library/tree/blhardex.htm http://www.wood-worker.com/properties.htm http://www.timspec.co.nz /
--
McQualude

Charlie Self spaketh...

And a damn fine site as well... thanks Rij
--
McQualude

+ + + You are welcome, but it is mentioned plenty of times in the archives. PvR
Why not use what everybody else is using?: http://www2.fpl.fs.fed.us/TechSheets/techmenu.html PvR
Xns93D4133B5772mcqualude@24.25.9.43...

wood