Any recommendations for a jointer around $500 ???

Page 2 of 2

If you have a planer/TS/circular or bandsaw you really don't need a jointer, save time/materials and space!
Next week, I will plane a VERY twisted 4/4 red oak and post the pics in apbw, my plate is very full now.

More than Delta? LOL. Ok.
Brian.
I've been pretty happy with my Sunhill 6". Would have preferred an 8" but just couldn't afford the $$. They're website is www.sunhillmachinery.com
Unfortunately, it looks like they're updating it and there are no prices online. I seem to remember paying around $375 for it (including shipping from Wash. to me in NM)
Cheers, cc
I have a used Ridgid 6", with spare knives, in excellent condition, for $275. I liked it, it works great, and I'd still be using it if I didn't buy a DJ-20.
This machine compares favorably with all of the machines you mention.
Contact me @ nospam at snet dot net if interested.
Barry