Any Professional Skateboard Deck People Here?

I'm curious if there are any professional skateboard deck people here...
I get an inquiry a month on average for skateboard deck drilling and I'd love to pick your brain if you don't mind... Seems there are a lot more manufacturers in this world making the decks and drilling holes for trucks than I imagined possible.
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com / Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook
V8013-R

Hey Joe, quick question. Can you easily put a multi-head on the Grizzly manual boring machine? They only offer their multis on the automated model.

I'd like to try. We need to be able to clamp onto or bolt onto something there. I presume there is something they typically use on the automatic units that we can use on the manual unit.
Can you shoot me a photo of the mounting location or... ?
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com / Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook
V8013-R
se on the automatic

Here is a link to the manual it has a few picks where it looks like a regular drill press chuck shoved on the end of a motor spindle
http://cdn6.grizzly.com/manuals/g0540_m.pdf

The challenge is keeping the multiple spindle head stable. In other words, it's a gear box with one input and multiple outputs.
I can, with almost no problem at all make it go onto that motor shaft.
However, here is where we run into a few small problems:
1. I'm not all that familiar with these units. I'm basing my opinion off of what I see in the manual link you provided above.
2. The length of the multiple spindle head is longer than the chuck. Is there room for the head if it is 5-6 inches "longer" than the chuck?
3. The head needs to be anchored to something to keep it from spinning. If the motor is (or can be replaced by) a C-face motor, then the problem is solved. If there is somewhere nearby that we can anchor the head housing to, problem solved. Otherwise, it's like putting a head onto a hand drill... You pull the trigger and the whole head housing spins instead of just the spindles.
Do you have the actual machine in shop to look at or are we working from the manual only at this point? Maybe someone else can chime in with detailed photos and/or ideas too.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

That info is all pretty clear. Thanks. No I don't have the machine. I am looking at a used unit (online, at local to me). If I can get it cheap enough it would be worth it especially if I can setup with a multiple. I think the table is big enough and could be extended if needed so the extra 5" of throw shouldn't be any issue. I think I could rig up some armature to steady the head.
Good to know, just speculation at this point. I was considering the idea and saw your post so thought I would ask. I suppose some people hate personal threads like this but all generally good info go they can go stuff ;^)

Let me know if I can help more. would gladly do so.
As for people hating it... You can't please the unpleasable.
It's woodworking machinery and it's related to an earlier post making it a valid thread. If someone has a problem with that then ptooey on their breakfast cereal.