any one know the best way to brack old welds

iv got a 18 foot trailer that i bought it has an old metal deck that i want to take off and replace with wood but i cant get half the welds to brack is there another way to remove them iv used sledge hamers heating torches and hammer drills along with grinders am i missing something??

Yes, you are: capitalization, punctuation, and the right newsgroup.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

If its the wrong group then explain why it came up with a search for welding?

I don't know how you found this group with a search on the word "welding". I did a google search on the word and came up with pages of links - none of which, within the 7 pages I viewed, pointed to this forum. But - there were 7 other pages of links that probably could have answered you question more appropriately.
As to why it may come up in a search - this is a usenet newsgroup. There may have been a thread about welding - could have been a thread about a broken weld on a tablesaw for example, and that is all it would take for that thread to show up in a search. It's up to you to look at the content of the link a bit to see if it makes sense. Off the top of my head, I would not assume a woodworking newsgroup would be the place to post a welding question.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

I cannot tell you why it would come up in a welding question, it is obviously for wood working. The group is monitored by a number of readers who also do metal work and welding.
If you learn how to spell, punctuate, and capitalize you might submit your question to : rec.crafts.metalworking and/or sci.engr.joining.welding
______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

This is not an answer to that question but some times you have to apply some common sense to filter out obviously incorrect suggestions of where to look.

*You* explain why you think questions about welding are appropriate in rec.WOODworking.
--
Regards,

Hey, E.E. Cummings, take it to another newsgroup.
todd

Why doesn't this sound right? How did you go about trying to grind them off?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

I tryed to grind them off by flat and side of the grinder but what i should have added to the oragenal message is the welds are extremly think there is three layers of sheet metal on it. All i end up doing is destroing the grinding wheel.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

sorry about the mix up i am a member of this group and when i did the search and seen the refrence of welding in it i should have checked to make sure the content and i do apologize about it.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

There are members of UseNet newsgroups.
I've broken welds using a hammer and a cold chisel.
Hearing protection is a good idea when doing that.
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

Splorf! That should have been:
There are NO members of UseNet newsgroups.
--

FF

Replace heating torches with cutting torches or plasma cutters. The welds are not likely continuous, so cut around them and remove 98% of the metal decking. Be careful not to cut the metal supports underneath the decking. When nothing but the welds remain, notch the replacement boards to accomodate the weld buildup.
On 17 Jun 2006 10:04:16 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

On 17 Jun 2006 10:04:16 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

You need an angle grinder, about 4 1/2". Don't be afraid to buy a cheap one to get you started -- Hey, you're anywhere near welded steel, you need an angle grinder. Get a flap wheel for it, a narrow cutting disk and a twisted cup wire brush (for stripping paint). Get some safety goggles, earmuffs and thick gloves too.
Use the narrow cutting disk to cut a groove through the weld, running parallel to the edge of the piece you want to keep. You don't have to cut all the way through, just make a deep groove. If you have to, be brutal to the "scrap" piece and chop through that first. Damage things you don't need, so as to preserve things you do want. When you have the groove most of the way through, switch off the grinder and try bending the steel back and forth until it cracks. Don't hammer it -- that bends things you'll only have to fix afterwards. If it won't crack or bend yet, cut the groove deeper.
When it's apart, tidy it up with the flap disk.
BTW If you try to use the cutting disk as a grinding disk (grinding on the side of it), or if you try to bend it, then it will crack and shatter -- probably hitting you in the face. Use the damned thing properly or you're likely to get hurt.