Any good lathe/turning web sites? Books?

Anyone know what happened to latheturner.com? I found it in the FAQ and it's down or done or something :(( I ran metal lathes in the 80's but never wood. I traded a few hours work for an old Craftsman lathe + some cutting tools and tried turning a bowl. hehe, not like metal is it? I want to make bowls and boxes and other stuff for presents.
Where can I find Web resources for everything about lathes?
Thanks in advance for any useful info,
Mowgli
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Albert Einstein
http://www.turningtools.co.uk /

Mowgli wrote:

There's a newsgroup named something like rec.crafts.woodturning
HTH.
-- Mark
On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 22:47:03 -0400, Mowgli

I have a few turning books. One is by Conover that is good. You'll need a good book about sharpening too (a good author is "Lee")..