Any good Ideas for area under stairs?

I have a small area off of a hallway leading from the living room. Originally it was a wet bar with a small cubby hole of a closet. I have to keep the sink area so was considering an Asian influenced cabinet with shoji screen masking the understairs area. Since I'll be making everything, I want to make sure I'm doing the best I can with that area.. I've got a floor to ceiling area of 27 inches to the left of a 44 inch deep hole under the stairs.
Any "good" ideas greatly appreciated! TIA, Joe