any feedback on the HF tools?

Page 3 of 3

blade of some sort. Chisels wouldn't hold their edge etc. Have no experience with these planes BUT from past experience with cutting tools - I'd pass.
Wed, Oct 25, 2006, 10:06pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (VicBaron) doth sayeth: I've bought several HF tools all with very good luck EXCEPT on items with a blade of some sort. Chisels wouldn't hold their edge etc. Have no experience with these planes BUT from past experience with cutting tools - I'd pass.
I've got various chisels from HF, and I'm satisfied with them. I will admit they're not top of the line. However (there's ALWAYS a however), I don't use them often, and when I do, I don't use them long. For what I use them for, I'm well satisfied, and don't mind sharpening them more often than I would with higher quality chisels, it's not an inconvenience. for me, more part of the enjoyment If I needed chisels for part of my livelyhood I'd have top quality for use, and the HF chisels would be used as prybas or something. Or, if I used chisels more often, I'd probably get better chiesls. But, I don't do either, so these do the job for me.
cyrille de Brebisson wrote:

Not printable comments.
I'm ashamed to say that someone once gave me one of these. Even with a disproportionate amount of tuning work, it's still barely usable as a door wedge. Save your money!