Any decent new woodworking shows on TV?

I don't watch a lot of TV, but it seems that since Norm Abram quit doing NYW, I haven't seen any woodworking shows. There's alot of DIY and landscaping shows, but no actual woodworking shows.

Dowes anyone know of any shws that are still being produced and are on a national network?

Robin

Reply to
rlz

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Check out createtv.com.

If you have pbs in your area, you may be in luck.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Google these titles and see if any are on in your area. Woodsmith Shop American Woodshop Woodturning Workshop

Not wood working alone, but the hostess did a few things with wood on B Organic with Michelle Beschen.

As Lew menti> I don't watch a lot of TV, but it seems that since Norm Abram quit doing NYW, I haven't seen any woodworking shows. There's alot of DIY and landscaping shows, but no actual woodworking shows.

Reply to
mungedaddress

mungedaddress wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@coper.com:

There's also Rough Cut and the Woodwright's Shop.

I wish they'd make full seasons of Norm available on DVD for a reasonable price, even if it's just what they showed on TV and not the full episodes. Probably won't, though, as long as they keep selling the plans & extended episodes.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 00:35:32 -0400, mungedaddress

I have all three names preprogrammed on my PVR for two hours, every Saturday, 1700-1900 hours, PBS.

They occasionally vary on what the first show is, but with all preprogrammed, I most often get something recorded every week.

For those with some cash to spare, there's a DIY station too, if you want to pay for it.

Reply to
none

snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If you're thinking about DIY network, there's very little how-to or instructional stuff on there. It's mainly shows of the format "/Hostname/ visits a person's /show topic/ and helps with or performs a renovation."

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On 14 Jul 2013 16:57:45 GMT, Puckdropper

You're probably right. It was a several years ago that I watched it when they were first introducing it to the public. Most of the episodes detailed tools of various types.

It was about the same time I was considering the purchase of a Domino and the DIY show detailed it as a "new and wonderful" tool.

I would have paid for a subscription to the show, but the only way to get it was to buy a package of shows and pay a considerably larger sum of money. ~ nyet, not for me.

Reply to
none