Any 240v woodworking equipment need a neutral?

Instead we should take legal and electrical advice from you?????

You have not given the OP any advice that is compliant with NEC yet. So, your point is...?

I get it - you're trying to be a comedian in this thread. Phew! You really had me going for a while. Hell - I thought you were serious with your other posts in this thread.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

If I was installing a new circuit I'd definitely go with the 10/3, reason being that the trend these days is for more and more equipment to have electronics, CPUs, etc. and while manufacturers _could_ design the power supplies for these items to run from 240, it would be cheaper for them to use the more common 120V power supplies. Plus, with 120 at the equipment, you have more flexibility in adding work lights, accessories (power feeder maybe?) and using 120V coils in mag switches, etc.

That said, I must say that almost all of my stuff is used and personally I don't foresee getting any of that "new fangloed" equipment in my lifetime.

Just curious, though, does the Sawstop saw require 240V with neutral?

Reply to
lwasserm

I'm holding out for the ambidextrous dual-tilt model.

Reply to
lwasserm

Or with running a 240V circuit in your basement?

Reply to
lwasserm

Oh, yeah, and I'm sure the insurance companies refuse to pay when you've plugged too many devices into your extension cord, like you promised you wouldn't too.

I've read and re-read my homeowners policy and while some of the fine print is quite "amusing", damn if I can find that clause about not paying if the wiring is not up to code.

Reply to
lwasserm

Planer sleds take too long to use.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Important, as we want to ground the correct side. Otherwise, the electrons may not fit down the wire.

Reply to
B A R R Y

But you won't need a jointer.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Or, even worse, they'll fall out the wrong end.

Reply to
Doug Miller

_I_ have a jointer, but was asking for the benefit of those who don't. We don't want to see any electricutions!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Upside down electrons have reverse polarity!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Does that make your meter spin backward, so the power company has to pay you?

Reply to
Doug Miller

That's it! The retirement program I've been looking for!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Have you ever tried to sweep those? The only thing that sweeps fallen electricals is an oscilloscoop.

Reply to
Robatoy

Nope, not liable just like you are not liable if you sell your car and the new owner wrecks it. The owner is making the decision to buy your house and has every opportunity to inspect or have it inspected before closing. Unless stipulations are noted, houses are sold "as is".

Reply to
Leon

Except for "new" houses, at least in Texas.

Reply to
Swingman

Since I've seen this troll on several usenet sites, I decided I would read my policy cover to cover to discern the accuracy of the statement. Not there.

And you don't have to be a licensed electrician to wire by the code. You just have to know the code.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

I think we may both be feeding the troll.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

I get a charge out of that!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Did you hear the one about the two atoms walking down the street? One says to the other, "I think I lost an electron". "Are you sure?", asks the other. "Yes, I'm positive".

Reply to
Roy Smith