antique restoration

I am restoring an antique rent table that has a leathered top .The leather sits inside a 1"veneer edge banding about the same thickness as the skivver, much of which is missing ..
The edgebanding is about 1/16" and I am have trouble finding sources of veneer that thick,I would be pleased if anyone has a source . The only alternative as I see it is to make ones own or glue two layers of existing veneer together which is a pain .....thanks in advance.....mjh
-- http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2
www.homesteadfinishing.com has a forum for restoration and might be worthwhile checking.

you'll likely have to make it. I don't know what tools you have, but it's not too big a deal, even with hand tools.