Antique Reporoduction Canopy Bed BRACING help

Hello, My wife and I purchased an antique reproduction canopy bed.. its assembled..however I would like to make it much more sturdier. Can anyone advise me how to do it, without damaging the look too much?

The link below is what we have.

have screwed in some metal L brackets in each corner...(inside near the mattress area. Attached SLIDES to posts) and theres for flattened L brackets on the canopy top)

I am not sure what to do to stablize the bed more. I was considering L brackets all over the place to secure the joints.. and maybe place a large piece of plywood under the mattress? under the mattress is a series of planks....around 2x2.....

The bottom part meaning headboard to foot board is fairly solid but the higher portions are not.. any suggestions, links, photos or comments would be much appreciated!

thanks JIM

Reply to
Demonseed

Take a chainsaw to it, then buy something decent in the first place. Good solid joinery is a matter of design in the first place, not buying some cheap particle board garbage and then trying to nail brackets onto it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley