another Woodcraft sale: LN LA Block Plane or PC690LR - 20% off

Got the regular sale email from Woodcraft today, and each of these items are on sale for $120, but only if you buy them through the link in the email. If you aren't on their list, I pasted the text below, and if that doesn't work, I can forward you the email. I'm planning negotiations with SWMBO to pick up the LN plane... (Unless someone convinces me the LV LABP is somehow better) Andy

Well, I've not used the LN, but I have zero regrets forking over the $ for the LV LABP. I've several other Stanley blocks. They sit gathering dust.
What's the price differential between the two? Something like $40? The LN *may* look nicer, (or not ...), but I don't see how it could work $40 better than the LV.
YMMV, of course --
--
Regards,

JT
Speaking only for myself....

Sorry for the self-follow up. Feel free to flame. I should practice reading for comprehension. The price is a wash; go for whichever's easire to get hold of ...
--
Regards,

JT
Speaking only for myself....

I've got both the LN and the LV block planes, and they are both FINE tools. My experience, for some reason, is that I pick and use the LN more frequently. It's narrower, and fits my hand, and often my work, better. When I want a slightly larger plane, I have a nice, really old, Stanley #3 sweetheart, tuned up pretty well, that fills the bill. So the LV block doesn't get too much use.
But that's just me. Both of these block planes are standard angles, however. Choose what you need.
Patriarch
Does the LN have a lateral adjustment?
Alan
I don't know squat about planes, but have researched and many here recommend this plane - even as a starting plane. I'm probably going to buy this on Thurs, and see if the extra 10% is applied. Do you know if this sale will be on then as well?
Might try to find a smoother and jointer too...
I ordered "The Handplane Book" yesterday as well.
Maybe I'll build a workbench now...
- jbd