Another Trash(ed) Table Rehab

I rescued this forlorn table from a yardsale. It appeared to have had a previous life as some sort of dining table that would accept a leaf. Anyhow, I've dismantled the thing and the top is warped(cupped?...whatever). I've sanded the top and threw it on the wet grass for an hour(topside down) in an attempt to reverse the curve but nothing happened. My next move, I figure, is to Unisaw the top apart in 3-4 strips along the joints, run the strips through my thickness planer, true the edges and reglue. Now, some could argue that the top is trash(heck, I dunno even what kind of wood it is except it isn't oak, walnut or ash) and pitch it toward the firewood pile.
---> the two top pieces showing the curvature
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/tabletop1.jpg
---> closeup of top
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/tabletop2.jpg
Larry
I would not "Unisaw" the top. "Unisaw" is a noun. Ripping would be more effective.
If you do rip the top into smaller pieces, you will need to joint the pieces before thickness planing or the original curvature will be reproduced.
Jay Knepper