another thing to do with scraps

a small carving mallet from oak scraps:
http://christophermerrill.net/ww/shop/smallMallet.html
--
************************************
Chris Merrill

Very nice! I often use the small scrap pieces to cut out wood plugs and store them away if I can find no other use for all the small offcuts :) Needless to say, I will not have to cut wood plugs again for a VERY long time :)
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 5 Reviews: - Eze-Lap Diamond Sharpening Stones - Incra TS-III Table Saw Fence - Ryobi AP13 Planer/Thicknesser - BeadLOCK Loose Tenon Joinery System - Hyphone Air Tool Kit & Impact Wrench ------------------------------------------------------------
Mon, Aug 4, 2003, 2:47am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@christophermerrill.net (ChrisMerrill) says: a small carving mallet from oak scraps
I made one, similar, and that was it. I found I much prefer the turned ones, and they are easier to make, handle, and use. I have about 7 right now, from a small light one of pine, to a honking big one out of, I think, dogwood. If I ever need another, can turn one in just a few minutes. Just make sure the handle is long enough for your hand, and make the big end flat, so you can stand it up.
JOAT Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football. - Lu-Tze
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html