another thing to do with scraps

a small carving mallet from oak scraps:

Chris Merrill

I often use the small scrap pieces to cut out wood plugs and store them away if I can find no other use for all the small offcuts :) Needless to say, I will not have to cut wood plugs again for a VERY long time :)

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

5 Reviews:

- Eze-Lap Diamond Sharpening Stones

- Incra TS-III Table Saw Fence

- Ryobi AP13 Planer/Thicknesser

- BeadLOCK Loose Tenon Joinery System

- Hyphone Air Tool Kit & Impact Wrench

Woody

Mon, Aug 4, 2003, 2:47am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@christophermerrill.net (Chris=A0Merrill) says: a small carving mallet from oak scraps

I made one, similar, and that was it. I found I much prefer the turned ones, and they are easier to make, handle, and use. I have about

7 right now, from a small light one of pine, to a honking big one out of, I think, dogwood. If I ever need another, can turn one in just a few minutes. Just make sure the handle is long enough for your hand, and make the big end flat, so you can stand it up.

JOAT Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football.

- Lu-Tze

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT