Another reason to be careful


Torrington, Connecticut: An accidental fire in the wood shop of the Oliver Wolcott Technical School resulted in a hole in the roof Monday. It was caused by the spontaneous combustion of a pile of rags used to stain toolboxes that students had built, the Fire Marshall said. The rags were laying on a wooden table that burned before the fire went to the roof... ... Students who left the pile of rags likely will not be disciplined...
Geesh! Pretty scary...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Wouldn't have happened if the rags had been grounded...
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Never happens to acetone soaked rags either. You don't need to ground them.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:

...and small minds seldom differ. <g>
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
LRod wrote:

...or soaked in acetone.
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Even if they had been stretched over a PVC dust extraction pipe? ;-)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Sounds like it's the teacher who should be, though. It's not like this is a new phenomenon.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.