another quick tip: dusting gizmo

Greetings,     T'other day I got a little duster at the grocery store for a buck. Twirl the handle between your palms to electrostatically charge the mop. Looks like a critter from Dr. Seuss. Works like a charm for getting dust off the tools hanging on the wall, between the bars of a Ledu lamp, and other little nooks and crannies that are a pain to dust or vacuum. (Hey, gotta have something to do while the brads dry.)
    While I'm at it, I'll mention a little round basting brush I found in the cookware section of the same grocery store. It looks just like the $4.50 detailing brush in the GarrettWade catalog (minus the cup hook), but it's $1.39. Works great for getting dust and fine shavings out of a plane--you know, that dust trap around the frog adjusting screw.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com

snipped-for-privacy@spammerssuk.com says...

It's even worse if you're a woodworker AND a model railroader :-).

2 words: Air Compressor. lol

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:34:37 -0800, NorthIdahoWWer wrote:

These things, though, actually pick up the dust so it can be disposed of. AC just blows it around and it settles right back where it came from unless it can find a freshly finished surface instead.