Another question about Saw Stop

Okay .. don't yell at me, insult my family, or threaten to hunt me down and kill me (or worse). I have a simple question.

Saw Stop obviously works on the principles of capacitance and/or conductivity. Human flesh (and hot dogs too) are essentially just tubes of water. Hence, they can be easily detected by a current in the blade.

So ... my question is ... has anyone seen or heard of problems with the Saw Stop when dealing with "wet wood"? Of course, it isn't a great idea to be sawing wet wood (really wet wood) anyway.

But many woods do have moisture, particularly the crap we buy these days at the BORGs.

So I was just wondering just how sensitive these machines are. Having it be overly sensitive isn't a bad thing when you consider the cost of losing a finger. But if a little moisture stops the saw - and destroys a nice $150 blade - it could be quite annoying.

Jack

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message

There is a bypass for wet wood. How wet is wet? Why not ask the folks at Saw Stop as they would know better than any of us here. snipped-for-privacy@sawstop.com

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

We had one "Fault" while cutting very wet pressure-treated lumber with a SawStop .. .. .. but it didn't fire the brake .. .. .. the blade just coasted to a halt, and the LED's flashed a Trouble Code. Basically, it warned us that we were doing something it didn't like, and it shut down & warned us to review what we were doing. It gives you the option of continuing at your own risk or running in a Bypass mode.

Reply to
Anonymous