Another question about milk paint

Does milk paint cover up commpletely? By that I mean, will it cover my pencil marks, or will that all have to be sanded clean?

Thanks,

sam

No sanding needed. You can quickly remove pencil marks using a rag dampened with 91% alcohol.

Reply to
Phisherman

That's good info. Thanks.

sam

Or a big artists' eraser.

--

Reply to
dpb

I often used milk paints because I wanted to see through... Are you sure you are using milk paint for the right reason?

Reply to
Leon

Probably not, but I'm curious to know what to expect. Thanks.

sam

Pink Pearl to the rescue.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Neither the drafting white or the big crumbly gum erasers leave the residue/marking the pink erasers do...

a $0.02, ymmv, imo, etc., etc., etc., comment, of course...

--

Reply to
dpb

Anyway, depending on the color, whites probably may not work well but I often use 2 coats if I want an opaque finish.

Reply to
Leon

Just a comment with regard to white erasers, but for 10 bucks you can get a battery powered electric eraser from Staedtler that uses the white material--it seems kind of silly to use a powered eraser until you've actually used one--it's not the speed that makes it nice, it's the precision.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 08:52:52 -0600, the infamous sam scrawled the following:

Yeah, guys, so stop using your sharpass knife to mark dovies and other lines which won't be cut away, huh? Use a pencil! (I just had to say that since most folks don't use a plane to remove those telltale marks. Some idiot who wrote an antique pricing book says to look for those to prove it was made 100+ years ago. Har!)

-- The Smart Person learns from his mistakes. The Wise Person learns from the mistakes of others. And then there are all the rest of us...

Larry Jaques