Another project completed and set up

Page 1 of 3
3 weeks after buying the materials for the sewing desk it is complete and ready for my wife to clutter up. ;~)
The only thing real fancy is the joinery, which you cannot see, and the soft close 24" full extension soft close drawer slides.
The desk top is approximately 97" x 30" total. Because of the shorter 8' ceilings and hair pin turn at the top of the stairs I felt it best to make the top into two sections, split in half front to back. The gap is hardly noticeable. Two draw latches on the bottom and 5 Domino tenons, on the mating edges of the tops hold the halves together and in registration to each other. The front and back apron/bridges are attached to the end cabinets with 5/16" bolts threaded into eight threaded inserts on the sides of both cabinets.
Empty
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13703016725/
Left View with $5k worth of sewing machines, The one on the left is simply a HD Viking Husqvarna sewing machine and the one on the right is a Husqvarna Topaz embroidery machine.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13703368684/in/photostream/
Right View
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13703040283/in/photostream/
On 4/7/2014 5:11 PM, Leon wrote:

Nicely engineered and flawlessly executed. I really like the job you did on the top.
Well done, all 'round, by Bubba Da Vinci. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 4/7/2014 6:11 PM, Leon wrote:

you beat on those two tiny machines.. Your big iron at least has some mass... :-)
Nice work.
--
Jeff

On 4/7/14, 5:11 PM, Leon wrote:

Gorgeous as usual! Those sewing machines are a lot like woodworking tools and musical instruments. You can *really* tell the difference in quality and performance in the expensive ones.
--

-MIKE-

On 4/7/2014 6:11 PM, Leon wrote:

Nice. I was able to peek without my wife seeing it. She only has one Viking machine.

Thank you. On the opposite side of the room is her "long arm" machine. It sits in the two similar cabinets that I built just before Christmas last year, painted the same mint green color. That machine is worth more than double the two machines pictured in today's pictures.

Thank you, thank you da' Bubba Brother!

Thank you. Yeah they go and go and go and need little attention.

Thank you Ed. Your wife only has one Now. :-). That will probably change. LOL
Quite a nice project, and well thought out. john
"Leon" wrote in message
[...]
On 4/7/2014 8:43 PM, jloomis wrote:

Thank you John, My wife agrees, the layout was her idea. ;~)

Nice job as always. Bet you are in like Flynn with ther missus, huh :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 4/8/2014 4:56 AM, dadiOH wrote:

Thank you! Yeah I need to take advantage soon though. LOL
Leon wrote:

that? Is she gonna make you a custom quilted cover for the SawStop?
--
 GW Ross

 If at first you do succeed, try not
On 4/8/2014 6:52 AM, G. Ross wrote:

Thank you. The quilt idea for the tools is not a bad idea. ;~)
On Monday, 7 April 2014 23:11:39 UTC+1, Leon wrote:

Has that machine on the right got an ignition key?!
:-)

LOL No, that is a dongle.
On Tuesday, 8 April 2014 15:46:16 UTC+1, Leon wrote:

Ha! I was gonna say...!

Well, actually it almost acts like an ignition key. There are procedures that you can't do unless it is plugged in.

A dongle that can connect to what? A computer, some other accessory or maybe something else?