Another project completed and set up

3 weeks after buying the materials for the sewing desk it is complete and ready for my wife to clutter up. ;~)

The only thing real fancy is the joinery, which you cannot see, and the soft close 24" full extension soft close drawer slides.

The desk top is approximately 97" x 30" total. Because of the shorter

8' ceilings and hair pin turn at the top of the stairs I felt it best to make the top into two sections, split in half front to back. The gap is hardly noticeable. Two draw latches on the bottom and 5 Domino tenons, on the mating edges of the tops hold the halves together and in registration to each other. The front and back apron/bridges are attached to the end cabinets with 5/16" bolts threaded into eight threaded inserts on the sides of both cabinets.

Empty

Left View with $5k worth of sewing machines, The one on the left is simply a HD Viking Husqvarna sewing machine and the one on the right is a Husqvarna Topaz embroidery machine.

Right View

Leon

Nicely engineered and flawlessly executed. I really like the job you did on the top.

Well done, all 'round, by Bubba Da Vinci. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Nice, so I guess you had no problem then with the saw stop ... she's got you beat on those two tiny machines.. Your big iron at least has some mass... :-)

Nice work.

Reply to
woodchucker

Gorgeous as usual! Those sewing machines are a lot like woodworking tools and musical instruments. You can *really* tell the difference in quality and performance in the expensive ones.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Nice. I was able to peek without my wife seeing it. She only has one Viking machine.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thank you. On the opposite side of the room is her "long arm" machine. It sits in the two similar cabinets that I built just before Christmas last year, painted the same mint green color. That machine is worth more than double the two machines pictured in today's pictures.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you, thank you da' Bubba Brother!

Reply to
Leon

Thank you. Yeah they go and go and go and need little attention.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you Ed. Your wife only has one Now. :-). That will probably change. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Quite a nice project, and well thought out. john

[...]

jloomis

Thank you John, My wife agrees, the layout was her idea. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Nice job as always. Bet you are in like Flynn with ther missus, huh :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Super Job! I know she is happy with it. What is the charge for all that? Is she gonna make you a custom quilted cover for the SawStop?

Reply to
G. Ross

Thank you! Yeah I need to take advantage soon though. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Thank you. The quilt idea for the tools is not a bad idea. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Has that machine on the right got an ignition key?!

:-)

Reply to
pastedavid

LOL No, that is a dongle.

Reply to
Leon

Ha! I was gonna say...!

Reply to
pastedavid

Well, actually it almost acts like an ignition key. There are procedures that you can't do unless it is plugged in.

Reply to
Leon

On Tue, 08 Apr 2014 09:46:16 -0500, Leon

A dongle that can connect to what? A computer, some other accessory or maybe something else?

Reply to
none