Another P-C 890 Router Question...

I am very interested in this new line. I will want to dedicate a base to a table and also have the plunge base. But that new GripVac base looks good too.
As the 890 motor is backward-compatible with the 690 bases (which can be had for only $40), will I lose any of the above-the-table features using the 690 base? Also, is the Router Table Height Adjuster really easier to use than a 3/16" hex socket or should I save the money (the height adjuster isn't available with the plunge/GripVac combo)?
Thanks.