Another Hand Hammered Made-in-the-USA TS Blade

Craftsman 10 in. x 24T Saw Blade Sears item #00926780000 Mfr. model #26780

Wonder who's making these for Craftsman?

Reply to
Patrick Conroy

Bosch more than likely, possibly in its persona as Vermont--American.

Reply to
Charlie Self

"Charlie Self" wrote in news:1115111209.555431.213520 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Thanks. Didn't know Bosch was VA. [Glad your feeling better.]

What's your take on Vermont-American? I've mostly avoided their stuff - thinking their low price was indicative of quality or longevity. But if Bosch is behind them... ? Or is it more akin to the difference between Bosch and Skil?

Reply to
Patrick Conroy

Vermont--American.

indicative

I'm not at all sure how things have shaken out at Bosch since the latest rounds of "gimme, gimme, gimme" but I've always had great luck with Bosch tools, and better than fair luck with VA stuff (I'm not wild about the router tables, in general, but I'm talking about blades, router bits, similar sharp parts, including tap and die sets). I don't know what extra is added to make a VA blade or bit a Bosch blade or bit. I'd love to get a chance to find out, but probably not this year.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Patrick Conroy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@armada.sprintco.bbn.net:

I'm glad Charlie seems to have recovered and rejoined the electronic fray.

My experience has been that VA parts seem to be one-time-use, get 'er done items, at an attractive price. As such, I weigh the expenditure carefully, since that seldom saves me any money.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch