Another great tool company (Milwaukee) going down the drain

Page 2 of 2
proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

oh dear oh dear!
From my experience with chainsaws (Huskie) in particular, whenever a good company teams up with a bad company, it foes downhill from there. Economics is everything. That's how the merger happens. ***************************************************** the snappy ones are the best

Wasn't Homelite "A Textron Company" at one time?
My employer of 28 years was swallowed by a conglomerate and, like most things that are eaten, turned to s**t. It was quite interesting to watch the upper management being stripped of anyone who displayed any loyalty to the "old" company and replaced with clones from the (censored) corporate offices who seemed to know nothing about our products or processes except how to "improve" them.
They finally cleaned out most of the residual loyalty in the middle managers and first line supervision with a "voluntary termination" and retirement bonus that amounted, in my case, to about a year's salary. I'm thoroughly enjoying retirement from the "new" company, but do sort of miss the "old" company.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Homelite was Textron's baby until they pulled a McCulloch--didn't develop new technology, lost pro market to European saws, and had to settle with the Harry Homeowner market. Textron unloaded them to John Deer maybe 10 years ago who dropped all the (outdated) pro models left and concentrated 100% on junk. Deer started getting a bad rep for this so they sold them to Techtronics a couple years ago.
McCulloch swtiched to make crap way back in the '70-'80s, but hung around until recently before going under and being bought by another offshore concern.
GTO(John)
On 06 Sep 2004 05:38:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GTO69RA4) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:
My fear is that good stuff has come and good stuff has gone (and there was much gnashing and wailing of teeth about a lot of it). But now I wonder if there's any good stuff coming, unless it's so exclusive that only a very few big co's can afford it.
It all feels downhill.

***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.
Sorry. I meant washing and gnailing of teeth ***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Gary DeWitt) wrote in
<snip>

Don't the employees own a significant portion of United Airlines?
Patriarch