Another Electrical question

Page 1 of 3

As I posted in another thread I am wiring my garage for 220V for my new bandsaw. I will eventually be buying a new table saw in the future (once SWBO forgets about the bandsaw purchase).
I am trying to determine how I would feed the TS power from the same outlet. Of course I will not be running the two at the same time. I'm not as think as you stupid I am!
Could I make my own extension cord from #10 and run it through some flexible conduit? Does the metal flexible conduit need to be grounded?
Thanks
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

The wording of your post indicates you need more technical expertise than you can gain here. Call in someone with experience.

Really??
Don't underestimate the electrical expertise of this group.

Nope, I don't; I do however sometimes worry about the ability of some to follow/understand the expertise on this board. Any work with electrical components requires some fundamental understanding of its working and the attendent safety requirements.
The expertise here for the most part is VG to EX.
Pop
I've said this before and will say it again. There are three types of electrical advice you will get on this group. (1) Right. (2) Wrong. (3) Dangerous. If you have to ask, you aren't qualified to know the difference and should consult an electrician before you burn your house down/kill yourself.
.

The same could be said for woodworking advice! (1) Right. (2) Wrong. (3) Dangerous. If you have to ask, you aren't qualified to know the difference.
Maybe we should abandon this forum!

Umm, isn't that the same thing you're responding to? And, IMO, there ARE a couple in particular who should abandon this group. That said, it's the self-healing aspect of most newsgroups that makes them good. This group is pretty good at self-healing for the most part. Pop
Yes, maybe YOU should.

Right back at ya sport!
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

"Forum"??? That's what you use for containing a containing concrete when you pour it, isn't it?
They definitely should be abandoned -- the wet concrete ruins the surface of the wood. It's usually not good for firewood, either.

Oy Vey!

No that is "Form"
Forum is a quantity. I want forum. 1 for me, 1 for joe, 1 for bill, and 1 for ted. Gimme forum, please.

From dictionary.com:
forum
n. [Usenet, GEnie, CI$; pl. `fora' or `forums'] Any discussion group accessible through a dial-in BBS, a mailing list, or a newsgroup (see the network). A forum functions much like a bulletin board; users submit postings for all to read and discussion ensues. Contrast real-time chat via talk mode or point-to-point personal email.
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

That is NOT the official Texas dictionary.

Yanks on the fishpole, reels in firmly, grabs, and tosses into the creel.
"That's one!" <grin>
Leon wrote:

I thought it was a Canadian playing golf... no wait, that's foray.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Close.
See:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=forum
FYI See also:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=newsgroup
Fora is plural of forum.
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

I just got that! Way to funny! :)
Took me a while, but I got it.

You know what they say... He who laughs last -- just got the joke. :-)

--
Regards,