Another AMazon.com sale!

this one may not be a mistake, but it seems that amazon.com has just dropped prices on many mid-range power tools around 20+%. For example, the PC plunge router kit is only $216, the Bosch router kit is only $175, the Delta OSS is only $152, etc. Add to this the additional $25 off if you can top your order off at $199, and these prices are really a deal.

I'm assuming that this is a temporary sale. I just bought my Delta OSS for $151 (less $25 because I got some other Delta stuff to raise it to $199).

Good luck.

Reply to
Lars Stole

I had been waffling over what dovetail jig to buy. One I was thinking about was the 24" Omnijig for $350 at Amazon. They marked it down to $295 today!

I guess that makes my mind up. Thank you so much for pointing this out! (A shopvac I bought last week did not go down; amazing)

Reply to
toller

Hi Lars,

A big thank you for positing this. I ordered the Delta OSS on the

12th (sunday) at $189 (arrived yesterday). Saw your post this morning and the $152 you paid.

I e-mailed Amazon about this and they are going to credit my account with the $37 difference.

Thanks again (and to Amazon too).

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Lars Stole wrote in news:2004121421354016807% larsstole@gsbuchicagoedu:

They're competing w/ Lowes. Lowes is having a 20% power tools sale and the Bosch router is down that low.

ken

Reply to
Ken Yee

I just bought the Bosch 6.4A top handle jig saw for $135. I've been drooling over that for some time and it is normally $169. A fine day it is when a rationalization like that comes along.

Reply to
Ron R.

I just noticed my Bosch 4412 SCMS is down to $519 from $644. I've e-mailed them and asked for a $125 credit as it was only 10 days ago. (plus the $38 on the Bosch 1591 I bought the day before). Got my fingers crossed. - Total would be almost Cdn$200 - a nice Christmas present.

N.

Reply to
Nigel Burnett

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Reply to
toller

Shouldn't be a problem. I called last night and had credits issued for all my orders in the last two weeks. Took about ten minutes. The final price of my 4412 was $494 which included the $25 manuf coupon.

Merry HoHo Russ

Reply to
Daddyman

bought the day

present.

Woke up this morning to a nice e-mail - $163 will credited to Mr. Visa. As someone else mentioned, that brings the 4412 down to $494 less the extra $100 from Emerson/Sears for the old RAS making it less than Cdn$500. How does Amazon make money at this? Now if they'd just ship the Anderson house framing book, I'll be all set to build a house over the holidays :-).

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Burnett

It's still showing $379 for me. Did your order go through?

Reply to
Hank Gillette

Very interesting, I can't wait to see what happens.

My order has not shipped yet because I went for free shipping, but it is shown as $295 (after the $25 coupon) in "my account", but when I click on the item, the website shows the price as $379 as you say.

If I lose on this, maybe the moral would be to pay for shipping on big price breaks?

Reply to
toller

Its better to make some profit, than NO profit. It keeps people from returning an item to get a lower price. Makes people more willing to buy knowing that they can get the best price. Keeps them from having to drop their price for EVERYONE to meet the competition If people think they are low price, they wont shop around Keeps people coming back People buy other items at the same time

Reply to
tall_corn

"tall_corn" wrote in news:1103211045.526217.230540 @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Just did that. Bought something for the wife so she wouldn't yell at me for getting the 3 base Dewalt DW618B3 for $198 delivered :-) Remember to apply the $25 off $199 coupons on the site for the various brands; it's not applied immediately...

ken

Reply to
Ken Yee

I'm not sure there is a moral. I lost out on a couple of the recent Amazon "mistakes in pricing", but others got them. If you get it, just enjoy your good fortune!

Reply to
Hank Gillette

asked

bought the day

present.

for the

holidays :-).

I may well be that they don't make money on it, and are just trying to roll over competetors. Good for grabbing bargins right now, but it may be trouble down the line... Just don't forget your local stores in the dazzle of amazon's prices!

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

They have shipped it, and the acknowledgement has the low price. It is really nice to win one!

Reply to
toller

I just picked up a Jet mini lathe for $199, the extension for $39, and the stand for $103, added another $25 off coupon to the order, and it's on the way via free Fedex 3-day shipping.

That's $316, delivered, for the same stuff I'd pay about $450 ++, elsewhere.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y