Annual reminder

The autumnal equinox is today and woodworkers in the northern hemisphere who intended to solar heat their workshops are running out of time to get the job done in decent working conditions...
...and woodworkers in the southern hemisphere would do well to get a start on your solar project now.
If you're in need of project inspiration, I can recommend browsing through http://www.builditsolar.com - a site just for those who want to build their own solar systems.
(Wanting everyone to have a comfortable workshop.)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

It would make a lot more sense to buy some of your panels wouldn't it? I studied them closely and they certainly are an excellent value....and the fact that they're proven to work makes me think that the payback is quick..(depending where one lives of course.)
Robatoy wrote:

You can shill for me anytime and everytime the mood strikes. :-))
I make 'em good - and have worked on my design long enough that it'll be tough for anyone to match...
...but (important word!) the sun will shine on everyone's panels more or less equally - and I'm not reluctant to encourage those who can to build their own and enjoy that free heat.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

And yet another reminder...
Get your annual prostate PSA checkup and live a better, longer life. My father did not, and now he's dead because of it.

0.9 this year! Down a tenth each of the last three years!
Dave in Houston
Phisherman wrote:

Sorry for your loss.
"Phisherman" wrote:

Annual PSA completed last week, dip stick check this Wed.
Thanks for reminding people.
Lew
"Morris Dovey" wrote:

Heard an interesting piece on NPR this afternoon.
Seems the electrical grid in Iraq is so unreliable that they are starting to power street lights with solar panels since street light reduce violence.
Kind of ironic, a nation with enormous oil reserves is developing alternate energy sources.
Lew

Just the opposite here in Baja, Morris... I'm looking forward to cooler, less humid weather and LESS solar heating of the shop. ;-]
(and much less time with the AC on)
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

Direct solar air conditioning is a bit more difficult than heating and will take a while yet, but I think I have a solution. It'll be a pleasure to set one up for you when it's done...
BTW (should it make a difference) it'll be absolutely silent. :-)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
mac davis wrote:

Heading that direction here in Tucson also. Getting to that time of year where it's dangerous to travel to other places. One tends to forget that they have weather in other parts of the country.