Announcement

Punched out for the last time yesterday and have now joined the ranks of th e retired. The new shop is just about done, just need to find a home for t he dust collector. Buffet project is moving along and will begin final san ding today. Once the buffet is out of the shop, I can start on the new benc h. SWMBO has a list that includes painting the kitchen, living room and MBR and a major redo of the master bath. I guess I don't have to worry about keeping busy.
Larry
On Saturday, May 4, 2013 10:18:32 AM UTC-5, Gramp's shop wrote:

the retired. The new shop is just about done, just need to find a home for the dust collector. Buffet project is moving along and will begin final san ding today. Once the buffet is out of the shop, I can start on the new benc h. SWMBO has a list that includes painting the kitchen, living room and MBR and a major redo of the master bath. I guess I don't have to worry about k eeping busy. Larry
Congrats, Larry. Retirement is fun.
*Just don't let the projects dictate your time and efforts, : ), but do get that shop done!
Sonny
On 5/4/2013 10:27 AM, Sonny wrote:

[snip]

Definitely congrats, Larry.
Seems you've already figured out that the part about not keeping busy. Recall running into a friend about six months after he'd retired.
I asked him how life was treating him and how he was enjoying retirement. His comment?
"It's great! I don't have a thing that I have to do and already, I'm six weeks behind!"
That's about what I've heard from everyone I know who's retired.

and the SWMBO back him up that he did not have a thing that MUST be done?
On Sun, 05 May 2013 10:10:25 -0500, Unquestionably Confused

I "retired" six years ago and spend nine months having fun (well, other than three months sick) and getting the honeydo list done. Then I got bored when SWMBO wouldn't let me make sawdust anymore (house on the market) so I went back to work. ;-) ...and we've bought two houses and have made three interstate moves since. I still don't have a shop set up. :-(

Seems like you are doing something wrong. You went back to work and bought more homes... are you supposed to downsize and enjoy...
--
Jeff

Obviously. The newer houses are 1.5x and now >2x the size of the original. The property taxes are 1/4 and 1/3, though, and the weather is *much* better. ;-)
I decided that 54 was to way early to really retire and I've had great jobs, since. Having the pension, already, allows me to be a lot pickier about the jobs I take. It buys more toys, too. ;-)
On Sunday, May 5, 2013 6:39:22 PM UTC-5, k wrote:

since. Having the pension, already, allows me to be a lot pickier about the jobs I take. It buys more toys, too. ;-)
Multiple houses? Just need His and Hers houses, with yours - one room for cooking, sleeping, & visiting and the rest shop space.
Sonny

since. Having the pension, already, allows me to be a lot pickier about the jobs I take. It buys more toys, too. ;-)

Sure, doesn't everyone have spares?

Two houses and three moves is only .67 houses per state. I almost bought one in Ohio, too, but cooler heads prevailed. ;-) I hate apartment living, almost that much.
I still own the two houses, for another year, at least one hopes it's only a year.
"Gramp's shop" wrote:
Punched out for the last time yesterday and have now joined the ranks of the retired. <snip>
Welcome and enjoy.
Lew
On 5/4/2013 10:18 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:

retired. The new shop is just about done, just need to find a home for the dust collector. Buffet project is moving along and will begin final sanding today. Once the buffet is out of the shop, I can start on the new bench. SWMBO has a list that includes painting the kitchen, living room and MBR and a major redo of the master bath. I guess I don't have to worry about keeping busy.

Good for you! Now you will soon wonder how you had the time to do get anything done.
Gramp's shop wrote:

retired. The new shop is just about done, just need to find a home for the dust collector. Buffet project is moving along and will begin final sanding today. Once the buffet is out of the shop, I can start on the new bench. SWMBO has a list that includes painting the kitchen, living room and MBR and a major redo of the master bath. I guess I don't have to worry about keeping busy.

Remember Parkinson's Law: Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.
--
 GW Ross

 Although I'm not Canadian, I tend to

Congratulations, Larry.
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On Sat, 4 May 2013 08:18:32 -0700 (PDT), "Gramp's shop"

Congrats. Now we will expect to see pictures of your projects as you tick them off your to do list.
On 5/4/2013 8:18 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:

retired. The new shop is just about done, just need to find a home for the dust collector. Buffet project is moving along and will begin final sanding today. Once the buffet is out of the shop, I can start on the new bench. SWMBO has a list that includes painting the kitchen, living room and MBR and a major redo of the master bath. I guess I don't have to worry about keeping busy.

Idle workshops are the devil's hands...     mahalo,     jo4hn ...or something like that
On 5/5/2013 1:16 PM, jo4hn wrote:

Oh and congrats on your ascension to the ranks of the voluntarily unemployed. My big brother once told me that no matter how hard I worked, I would be busier in retirement. :-)