angled tenons/miter guide problem

Any ideas would be appreciated here. I need to cut ends of apron piece for a high chair at 4 degrees with tenons also at 4 degrees. Problem is my nice miter gauge from rockler only has 1.5 degree increments and (head hung low) I've tossed the old original guide for my table saw. I was thinking I could stand my stock up and tilt my t/s blade cut the ends and use a rabbeting bit to make the shoulder cuts on the face and a hand saw to clean up top and bottom?
I use my Delta tenoning jig for angled tenons. You could also cut set your miter gauge at 90 and attach a block cut at 4 to it.
Preston

for
nice
low)
could
bit
how do you make the shoulder cuts? and if I could cut a 4 degree block I wouldn't be having this problem
As Caleb said, use the tapering jig to cut a 4 block, then use the miter gauge at 90 along with the block to cut the cheeks.
Preston

nospam when replying> wrote:

Use your taper jig (you do have a taper jig, don't you?) to cut a 4-degree wedge. You can then use this wedge in conjunction with both your miter gauge to set the angle you need.
If you don't have a taper jig, make one. All you need are a hinge, a thumbscrew, and a few plywood scraps.
yes i do have a taper jig . actually need to be able to cut a 4 , 7 and 10 degree cut so i guess i'll make 3 wedges. (grumbling...should have started this project earlier)

Have you considered using loose tenons instead?
--
Regards,

Benoit Evans