Angled or Straight for trim work

I'm looking to pick up a cordless nailer for some trim and crown work...most likely considering the Paslode line but I'm open to other options. Since this is mostly for trim work, should I strongly consider an angled nailer? The only reason why I shouldn't is because of it's availability in my area for both the gun and nails. In Canada, at least in Vancouver, Home Depot, Rona, Loews, no where seems to carry the angled Paslode or angled finish 16ga nails. I CAN order everything online and I don't mind that but would a straight nailer work without TOO much problems or would I be better served with an angled? Thanks in advance...

sw.

Reply to
manhattan01

IMO you'd be better served with an angled gun. Especially for crown moulding.

JP

************************************ Installing some crown today.
Reply to
Jay Pique

Get the angled nailer. Don't need it often but when you do...

Reply to
RayV

I'll join the chorus.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Oh hell, bite the bullet and get them both! That way you won't have to worry about it and you'll have either if you need it again!

Reply to
Tim Taylor

I would go with the angled nailer however the nails for angled nailers can some times cost more. Just something to consider. Also Paslode has been around for a long time and the airless Paslode framing nail gun that I have used has been dependable in the past 5 or 6 years.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks for all the replies...looks like I'll get the angled and have to keep getting nails online somewhere...that ships to Canada as well.

Two guns...now that's nice...until my wife finds out.

sw.

Reply to
Spencer