Andy Rooney's desk

I loved Andy Rooney's desk on Sunday morning.
Did anyone else see it?
oops it was 60 minutes
william kossack wrote:

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 07:36:05 -0700, william kossack

Once a week.
Yes it looked good,but did you see the daily show?apparently Jon Stewart and The ex president (Carter I already new was a wooddorker)are wooddorkers!
Len
I belive he made it himself. He was in a woodworking magazine a while back.
Ted
He did a piece a year or so ago where he discussed his tools; apparently he's a big customer of Lie Nielsen.
Personally, I never liked tree slab desks from an ascetic point of view, and didn't particularly care for Andy's.
Mutt
Bigpole wrote:

Pig wrote:

Well throw some ash on it and thrash it with a cat-o-nine-tails... would that make you like it more?
er
--
email not valid

Pig wrote:

"william kossack" wrote in message

Yeah ... a big honking slab of walnut, very nice. It was unclear whether he made the rest of the desk, but he has professed to being a wooddorker, that he makes furniture, and has mentioned his "dream shop" in the past.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/05

Yes. Did you hear what he said?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/30/60minutes/main892398.shtml

I love his last line : We had a great commander in WWII, Dwight Eisenhower. He became President and on leaving the White House in 1961, he said this: "We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. ."
Well, Ike was right. That's just what's happened.
Ironically, Ike was the President that ordered the overthrow of Iran's government and placed the Shaw in place. (DAGS Operation Ajax)
Andy should stick to building desks and commenting on the daily tommyrot of life.
Dave