And then there were four. (gloat)

My wife's secretary mentioned in passing that her husband's unemployment insurance was about to run out. His job was shipped, along with 300 others' from his factory, to China.

After a few days of hanging around my shop, he absolutely fell in love with the silliness of my operation and wanted to sign on. I tossed him a couple of projects, a few fabrication manuals, and answered a collection of questions he accrued over the duration. The dude is a natural and quickly earned the respect of my other 2 guys. . . . Oh... and did I mention he has 21 years of CNC experience? Did I mention he writes code for a variety of machines?

I never thought about it before, but sometimes gloats come in the form of a human being. A blessing indeed.

Robatoy

| I never thought about it before, but sometimes gloats come in the | form of a human being.

I think perhaps /all/ of the important ones do.

Yeah - you suck.

Morris Dovey

Congratulations - I'm glad to see you're hiring, and I'm glad you found a gem. Continued good fortune to you both. JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I thought about your reply and you're right. You can solve a problem with the purchase of some new equipment, but that is limited to that particular problem. Adding a talent, can open up a whole myriad of new avenues, especially when you factor in access to a sounding board. I can think out loud, but nobody answers. This guy says: "Yup, you're idea would work, but have you thought of.......?"

You bet I do....*VBG*

Reply to
Robatoy

Thank you, Jay. I appreciate that.

Robatoy

I can imagine the relief the guy must be feeling that he has been offered a job, especially a job where he will earn your respect. You have done a GOOD THING!

Reply to
Limey Lurker

Yes, you suck big time.

You were also in the right place at he right time to help out another human being and in the process, help yourself a bunch.

As I said, you suck but you're a helluva guy.

Bet your new hire is feeling pretty good too!

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron