And the winner for most waterproof glue is...

195 gram strength hide glue, if this is correct:

Very, very doubtful a fiddle could withstand extended submersion without being reduced to splinters. The buyer got scammed.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Father Haskell wrote in news:f4cd2871-70b7-4647-8739- snipped-for-privacy@g9g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

I agree that it couldn't withstand extended submersion.... but if you read the article, it's claimed that the instrument was never actually submerged: "It is claimed the violin survived in a leather case, strapped to Mr Hartley's body, which floated upright in his cork and linen lifejacket."

Reply to
Doug Miller

article, it's claimed

survived in a leather

linen lifejacket."

Still would have to have seen a lot of water.. Hard to believe it would survive.

Reply to
woodchucker
195 gram strength hide glue, if this is correct:

Very, very doubtful a fiddle could withstand extended submersion without being reduced to splinters. The buyer got scammed. =================================================================== I would have to agree. Hide glue and wood that thin spending 10 days in the water is highly unlikely to survive.

Reply to
CW